Scott Townsley got his start in the senior living field by washing dishes at Broomall Presbyterian Home. While that was many years ago - the practical insights remain.
And it is the integration of years practical insights together with a strategic perspective and an academic grounding that makes Trilogy unique.
Trilogy Consulting is new (formed on 1/1/2017). This website is even newer. The background information, content, interactivity, etc. will all be improving over the next several days and weeks. Stay tuned - and check back often.
We'll be adding to our professional team over the next several days and weeks - it's an exciting time in this field and we're crafting a team of professionals and collaborators that will be second to none.
Scott Townsley has more than 30 years experience in the senior living and senior care field. Prior to founding Trilogy Consulting, LLC he served as the Managing Principal for Third Age, Inc., one of the largest firms dedicated to consulting and strategy for senior living organizations and for the last seven years served as a Principal with CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP. He has worked with hundreds of organizations across the country as they have grappled with how to successfully navigate and drive change and is known for his willingness to ask provocative questions and probe traditional thinking,
Scott currently serves on the faculty of the University of Maryland Baltimore County’s Erickson School where he leads the graduate courses on Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation. He most recently co-founded the Center for Innovation a newly formed social enterprise and innovation accelerator associated with the Erickson School.
Prior to his consulting career, Scott held management positions with Presby’s Inspired Life where he served as that organization's in-house counsel and had responsibility for the human resource functions and community based service planning for this multi-facility corporation.
Mr. Townsley has directed numerous client assignments involving strategic planning, market analysis, affiliations and mergers, project development, and executive search
· Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Drexel University
· Juris Doctorate, Villanova University
· Has been a licensed Nursing Home Administrator
· Has served as a member of the Board of Directors of two retirement communities, a for-profit subsidiary of a large nonprofit CCRC, and a multi-facility provider
Mr. Townsley is a frequent speaker at national and state conferences as well as Board Retreats and Planning Sessions. Recent national and state presentations include:
· Be the Change: Leading Innovation and Transformation, LeadingAge Maryland Keynote, April 2016
· Panel of Pundits: Perceptions on the Senior Living Field, LeadingAge PEAK, March 2016
· Big Challenges, Bigger Solutions, SFCS By Design Conference, February 2016
· Strategic Success in a Changing Environment, National Green House Project Conference, November 2015
· Affiliations and Mergers: A Strategic Opportunity, Not a Last Resort, LeadingAge November 2015
· The Future of CCRCs – A Heretic’s Perspective, Virginia CCRC Collaborative, July 2015
· Innovation, Strategy and the Business Case for Change, American Health Care Association, February 2015, Health Facilities Association of Maryland October 2015, UMBC Aging Memory Care Summit, January 2016
· Accelerating Change, UMBC Aging Memory Care Summit, January 2015
· Turning Innovation Into Strategy, LeadingAge, October 2014
· Top Trends in Senior Living – Reality Check, Environments for Aging, April 2014